Saturday, January 31, 2009

Magic Bus.

Other observations from Amnesia Avenue:

The hills I used to sled down as a kid are quite a bit smaller now. I blame global warming.

I think Super Bowl Sunday with the family could be one of the best things ever. I will keep you posted.

John King's Bookstore on Lafayette Avenue in Downtown Detroit is the best used and rare bookstore in North America. I oughta know, I just spent a lot of my salary and about four hours of my day there.

I love the smell of bookstores.

There are two things to being, "A Clemo." First, a job that normally takes three hours usually takes at least three days, and will probably require either expert help or medical attention, and sometimes both. Secondly, Clemos have the uncanny ability to beat the restaurant rushes at meal times. Other than that, there are really no benefits.

There were three malls in this town when I grew up. All three are gone now, replaced by.....wait for it....shopping centers. I don't know if that qualifies for irony, stupidity or both.

More later. I'm heading North on Monday, with photo stops in Saginaw, Cadillac, and Mackinaw City. Should be in Marquette by nightfall, though...if anybody cares.

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

GO EAT AT TONY'S AND TAKE A PICUTRE....and if Casey O Coffee's is still around...OH and EDDY STREET?!@?@?@?@?@?

Historiclemo said...

Alas, I cannot eat at Tony's, as I have given over the meal time to an old friend in Cadillac. But I will get pictures of the metnioned places.....

Misti Ridiculous said...

Oh goody goody gumdrops. have fun storming the castle!!! there are good ghosts in your future my dear. on that porch on Eddy street to start...MUAH!!!