Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Red Wings play in Wrigley today....and that has nothing to do with this post.

As you all know, I am an early riser. I'm not sure where the tradition comes from, but generally, it is frowned upon by the majority of my species, so I don't brag about it in fear that I will become that character from I AM LEGEND that is hunted because he is different.

I can't tell you the last time I saw midnight from the other side.

The revels are ended now, and have been for a couple of hours. I did see midnight from the other end, and lo and behold, my internal alarm went off at 5 am. It's going to be a golden day......

Everybody else is asleep, and while there is plenty of soda left over, the liquor cabinet has been well and truly rifled. Apparently, they played cards into the hours after my demise, and according to the score pad, team A kicked team B's ass all over the table.

I'm afraid to make coffee, for it's loud. And I'm not quite as vindictive as all that.

So, I stopped by here to wish you all a Happy New Year; may this year be better than the last. May conversations continue; may opinions differ; may we continue to learn and grow in each others company; my love find its way.

May the blessings of Nature by upon us; may the sun shine brightly in the days to come, and may the stars be many in the night sky.

May reason shape our ends.

May hope never fade.

May glory abound.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Happy New Year! Did you have coffee yet?