Monday, January 19, 2009

It just goes to show.....

A dear friend of mine writes from the Central Coast of California:

"I have put together a care package for you, and have sent it UPS for delivery on Friday. You need not be present to accept."

Friday came and went. No care package.

Now, it's Monday. I'm a patient man, but there are limits. AND, it's a holiday, so I'm not sure if UPS delivers on MLK Day.

I just checked; they do. But not in the DC area. So, if you're in the DC area, and waiting for a care package from the west coast, forget it. You ain't gettin' service until AT LEAST Wednesday.

Oh.

I forgot to mention that the dear friend is Greg, aka Doc Burnstein, maker of the finest ice cream I have ever tasted.

Yeah.

It's a care package full of ice cream.

And it's three days overdue.

Thanks, UPS.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

It's a care package of ice cream being delivered to one of the coldest places in all of these great United States. I wouldn't call it a loss yet.