Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Funniest Thing I said Yesterday.

Listening to the inauguration from across the terminal.

Everybody talking about the "New Day" in America.

Thinking back to "Morning in America" back in the Eighties.

The "Thousand Points of Light" that turned out to be a thousand trains in the tunnel, ready to run us down.

I turned to my friend Wes, who has a sense of humor like my own.

"Wes, I just had a Coke, and it was the best tasting Coke I ever had. I never tasted a Coke like that during the Bush Administration."

The true tests are coming. I intend to wait at least the first 100 days.

Ninety nine to go.

Hope is a great thing. It can change worlds.

But let's remember the words of Benjamin Franklin:

"Those who live on hope, die farting."

Yup.

He said it.

Look it up.

1 comment:

Gertrude said...

You warned me and I still did a tea spit take. You funny man!
Like the new face lift!