Saturday, January 17, 2009

There's a reason we spread it all around, I suppose.

I can't seem to get it all together.

Although, now that I think about it, why would I want all that shit together in the first place?

Possibly, so I can justify this morose feeling of lethargy by saying to myself, "Self, there is just too much shit here that you've gathered all together for reason that passes understanding, and you must sit down someplace and contemplate the loss of control you feel because you apparently are completely unable to deal with the abundance of shit that you, yourself, have accumulated."

And then I would wonder if I could sweep some of it under a rug or something and pretend that it just isn't there.

Here are some highlights:

Got hosed again at work. A few months ago, I applied for a temporary duty as an International Training Associate. It would have allowed me to travel to different places, and serve as an instructor of various new trainings.

On Thursday, I was informed that apparently my uberboss neglected to forward the application.

On that same Thursday, the office attempted to throw me a bone by asking me if I would be interested in this other position. The other position being one of intolerable boredom coupled with an avalanche of paperwork. You can probably guess what my answer was.....

They keep adding to my schedule. Friday morning, they asked (politely) if I wouldn't mind cutting my vacation short so I could instruct another class. Let us keep in mind that they have THREE other instructors, although my brilliance in front of a classroom is the stuff of legend.

You can probably guess what my answer was.

The snow continues to fall, and the old fashioned snow removal system is starting to break down. This means I'm getting tired of shoveling the stuff. There is currently an EIGHT FOOT tall pile of snow at the bottom of my driveway. I'm losing the battle of the mailbox. My hands are sore. My snowblower enabled neighbors are helping out a little with the sidewalks and such, to which I am grateful, but.....

Yes, I know. The place is called NORTH Dakota, and I was fully expecting this kind of thing. But still....

This morning, by the way.....wind chill is -30. Which is actually warmer than last Thursday WITHOUT the wind chill.

I hate wind chill factors.

So that's the story from here for today. Creativity is always trumped by chores. But I do appreciate your patience as I continue to work through my conglomeration of crap.

I should be able to get through it all by the end of the weekend, assuming that there isn't a HOUSE marathon on, or anything.....

Stand by.

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

I'm so glad you're back. I missed you. I hate the people you work for. I want you to travel more. mainly, just here. Ii say fuck that pile of shit, head. sand. House marathon and something to munch on. curl up. relax. and by relax, I mean turn off the voices telling you to go scrape the sidewalk. bastard voices.

Kizz said...

Yeah, what she said. It's a week ending in k, surely there's a House marathon on!

Misti Ridiculous said...

HEY! you have been busy cleaning up. I like what you've done with the place. opened some windows. let in some light.
very nice.

now. go back to the couch. you still have all of today!