Sunday, February 6, 2011

And now, the News.......

I have random thoughts.

Political:

All the people who are using the 100th Anniversary of of the birth of President Ronald Reagan really, really need to shut the f**k up, and pick up a history book. Reagan, for all his flaws, was a man with a clear compass; the people who are currently quoting him wouldn't know true North if it came up and punched them in the crotch.

And even though I didn't always agree with the man, the way he brought more attention, and by consequence more research money to the affliction known as Alzheimer's Disease....well, he earned my unwavering respect for his quiet dignity in the face of the Wrecking Ball.

Entertainment:

We perform the last one of SCREWTAPE this afternoon at 2pm. I have immensely enjoyed the experience. The cast is filled with good people who have a love of the idea, and I was impressed with the way they worked, and more importantly, how they treated each other, and how the usual suspects treated this newbie with kindness and respect. I hope to do it again someday.

That being said....I am really tired.

Sports:

The Super Bowl is today, as well, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to see any of it. The last one I saw all the way through was a good game, with Pittsburgh doing a classic 2:00 drill to squeak past the Arizona Cardinals. I had the opportunity that year to spend the afternoon with my Father, my older Brother and his family, and a couple of Buddy's Pizzas (A Detroit tradition) and the familiar feeling of calm that can only be produced by a non-holiday family get-together.

That being said, I am silently rooting for Green Bay, so I can bring out my Cheese Head without opening myself up to ridicule.

Yes, I own a Cheese Head. Unashamedly.

But seriously.....The BLACK EYED PEAS? In DALLAS? REALLY?

Religion:

One of my newest favorite people has admitted to Atheism. I'm trying to figure out it that means that they don't believe in a Deity, or they don't believe in any kind of Universal energy at all.

It's not a deal breaker. She will still be one of my newest favorite people.

In other news, Christians protected Muslims as they prayed yesterday, forming a human chain between the worshipping protesters and the tanks. Just when I begin to despair for the human race, something like this happens......

Weather:

Rain, snow, a little cold.

But, whether the weather be cool, or whether the weather be hot, we'll be together whatever the weather, whether we like it or not.

(Play me off, Marcus!)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

GO PACKERS!!!

Cathy said...

And, the part about the Christians protecting the Muslims while they prayed made me cry. THOSE are the the people who make me proud to be a Christian.