Thursday, September 18, 2008

I got nothing but random.

Let's all be random:

How do you know light when you see it? I've lived in the dark (and I'm speaking of the metaphoric dark, people, not the ACTUAL dark) and there's a time when you just crave some kind of light, ANY kind of light. But how do you know what true light is? I discovered in my youth that darkness can pretend to be light. So, how does one recognize true light?

Let's twist again, like we did last summer.

I would like to thank Harry and David for the Dark Chocolate covered pretzels.

If beauty is only skin deep, how far down does hideous go?

After the fire, the fire still burns;
The heart grows older, but never ever learns;
The memories smolder, and the soul always yearns
After the fire.
The fire still burns.

So, here's the thing. I often wish that the universe would up and surprise me, and then when it does......

Everybody is talking about the latest in fiction on the various noble vampires. I think we need some other noble monsters. The noble Blob, perhaps? Buffy, the Blob Slayer?

I'm reminded of the man who stands on the cliff's edge. In one direction lies a plethora of hungry tigers. In the other direction lies, of course, the cliff, and the inevitable long decent. What is our hero thinking?

"There is no way that this ends well."

I need a definition of "dissonant harmony."

Why have they re-done Clue and Monopoly?

If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, why did it have to fall on me, and why isn't anybody coming to help me?

2 comments:

Kizz said...

Then he thinks, "How is it that the Clue movie has held up so well over time? Is it really just the genius of Madelein Kahn or are there other dark forces at work?"

Gertrude said...

Because other monsters, blobs and various imaginary scary things are not sexy. Vampires are sexy. That's why all the books on them. Did you see Dracula? Gary Oldman? Hello. Lime Green Fog. Um, dare I mention the beasty moment. Slurp.
They have redone clue and monopoly. Various versions are floating around every where.
If I knew which tree in which forest I would help you. I would call my beaver... ha ha... army and have them set you free.
Its clean. Completely. Beavers saw through trees.