Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And wouldn't you like to see that dance....

My father, God love him, is a Republican.

My favorite game is to get him into a political conversation, let him go off on his rant about Clinton, and simply say, "Nixon."

He gets this look on his face that I expect a boiler to have just before detonation; assuming a boiler had a face.

My older brother once referred to it as, "How far can we push that cardiovascular event?"

Now, don't EVER get me wrong; I love my father, and if he wants to believe that the Republicans somehow saved this country in the past eight years, I'll defend his right to do that with my life; and then, after defending him, I'll check him into a hospital, because he's OBVIOUSLY delusional. But I'll STILL love him.

But he sends me these political nonsense emails.

Oh, by the way...STOP ENDORSING CANDIDATES TO ME. If you want to endorse a party or a platform, bring it on......but leave the whole charisma game to the suckers.

ANYWAY.....he sends me one the other day about how there's an unconfirmed rumor that Biden will drop out next week, citing heath issues, and the new candidate will be...Hillary.

I informed him that the Democrats have, in fact, learned their lesson after 1972, when McGovern nominated Tom Eagleton, but didn't properly vett him, and didn't discover that Eagleton was not only clinically depressed, but had actually undergone radical electroshock treatments.

Nobody truly remembers the McGovern/Eagleton/Shriver ticket. I don't think that McGovern even won his own state on election night, and he was running against a liar, a thief, and a traitor. But that's another story....

I told him that the rumor has a district aroma of Karl Rove. And it smelled like an outhouse in August.

I would like to consider myself a decent human being; I can put my moral level on the same plane as your average man; but seriously.....if any candidate can make me feel secure, bring back the goodwill of the rest of the planet, make the trains run on time, and keep my investments from hemorrhaging into nothing, then I don't care if he receives the services of several call girls on a double-decker bus driving down Fifth Avenue during rush hour with a banana in his ear.

Have a good day, all.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Well, you know, I'd be OK with it right up to the banana in the ear. Once he puts the banana in his ear that's blatant disrespect for Harry Belafonte AND deaf people. That's just not OK, I couldn't support a guy who was earist like that.