Friday, October 17, 2008

An old familiar tune.....play it loudly.

I'm all alone in my classroom, thank the good Lord.

I love the cacophony of silence. But, I'm thinking of hooking up the speakers to the computer and playing my itunes playlist nonstop for the next hour; I'm what ya call a Maverick.

It's amazing how the old skills come back, and so quickly. Connecting with a classroom of people who, for the most part, would rather not be there, was a constant challenge, but one I dearly loved. If I could just hook them once, I would always have them; in this case, I'm not a catch and release kind of fella.

Hooked them early this morning; they were mine for the taking. And then my co-facilitator began to speak.

Lost them again. And THEN it became a game of catch them, lose them, catch them, lose them.....which is not so much catch and release as it is "catch them and then the m*********ker dumps them out of the boat......!

I miss this life a little. I was pretty good at it.

The other day, one of my associates said to me, "You're a good teacher."

I blushed, and hemmed and hawed a bit, and then said,
"You should see me act."

It always comes back to this, doesn't it?

Gloriously, I have a few consecutive days off coming up, and I think I will fill them with a big heaping pile of nothin'. I'm a adult, and I earned it, and I deserve it, so pththththththth!

Love to you.

2 comments:

Gertrude said...

I'm flopping on the bank for you Clemo.
Hope you enjoy your weekend of nothing. Hope its everything.

Kizz said...

What do you mean "should have seen you act"? What do you think teaching is?