Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ancora Imparo

Oh my God.

I'm Quixote. I've finally become Quixote.

I mean, I know I've always sort of leaned in that direction, and was fool enough to believe that it made a lick of difference.....but to finally look into the mirror and see it.

Brutal.

In the overall scheme of things, I did my best; I tried to be kind. I tried to be an advocate for fairness. I tried to be a good friend, a good companion, and good husband....a good man.

And I just figured that each little setback was fate.

Then it came to me.

I forgot to be an ass kisser. I forgot to blindly follow power to get power. I forgot to be a moth to the flame.

And, ladies and gentlemen, the windmill has officially kicked my ass.

But, ahhhhh.......Dulcinea!

I guess victory is where you find it.

3 comments:

Gertrude said...

One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
There's not the least thing can be said or done, but people will talk and find fault.

It is my second favorite book.
I have a Spanish English version that I truly covet. Sinfully.

Call me sometime and we'll wax over Don Quixote.

Misti Ridiculous said...

you go on baby, and dream that impossible dream...your back up singers are right here behind you humming (dirty!) the harmonies.

Kizz said...

Dude, you're supposed to be a YES man, not an ass man.