Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a lovely Thursday in the North...

Random thoughts on a Thursday evening.....

My father was a master pumpkin carver. But that wasn't the glory of Halloween; he was also a master pumpkin seed roaster, and that was the thing I loved most about the end October.

The remarkable things about cats is how quickly they can go from zero to pain infliction in no time flat. And just try to explain the vertical lines on the side of your face without getting laughed at.

Did you know they don't make violin strings out of catgut anymore? Don't ask me how I know that.

I began to teach the hell training today. I must say, I'm doing well, but my partner tends to step on my toes a little. At one point, I think I said (far too loudly, come to find out), "Dude, you're steppin' on my toes." To his credit, he knows a lot about the subject....even if it's really hard to keep him on point.

I have found that "Five Hour Energy" gives me the strength to actually bounce off of walls. Don't ask me how I discovered that.

Want to talk about an unfinished conversation? I'll give you an example: last weekend, nearing the end of my rope in an temporarily empty house, with all the ghosts calling upon me, I called an old friend. She answered the phone as if we had talked yesterday, even though it had actually been......nine years. We picked up a conversation, she berated me about the death penalty (which I oppose, but it's such a lovely argument I can't resist), and when it was all over, we said goodnight....and I'm fairly certain that if another nine years pass, we'll pick it up where we left off......

I should have told her that I love her. But I think she knows. Hope so. I spend far too much time trailing ancient love, and not enough time actually telling the people around me.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if you've never read any of the works of Rex Stout or Dorothy L. Sayers, then you are missing out on some of the greatest mysteries ever written.

I'll leave now. Goodnight and Good Luck.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

I know.

Also, please stop doing math.