Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's my drivel, and I'll write what I want to....

Nothing much to report today, except that I may be going mad.

I know, I know; many of you that know me are saying, "And?...."

But, if you know me, you know that I cherish the control I have over my own mind. And it's running away with me, into the land of the Ning Nang Nong where the cows go Bong and the monkeys all say Boo....

A quick example, from this morning.

The house computer is down in my lovely office, in the bowels of Casa Clemo, the Ha Ha Hacienda. As is my usual routine, I grab a cup of coffee, run down to the lair, and catch up on the news from all around the world.

Nothing much today. A few emails to answer. My father sends me a few lame Democrat Jokes....."What do you call 1000 Democrats at the bottom of the ocean? A good beginning." A former student of mine trying to stump me in the seventy eighth game of six degrees of separation. A few notes from Facebook....somebody has left me a message, or comment. And I peruse, and I respond, and I read CNN and FOX and some of the newspapers from some of the places I've lived.....

Drink my coffee.

So, I'm done. I go upstairs. And my wife is in the kitchen with a strange look on her face.

"What?" I ask, a little concerned at her look....

"Why are you singing that song?" she asks.

"What song?" I reply.

"Something about witches and curses..." she says, halfway between amused and bewildered.

I never sing.

But apparently, my subClemo was singing a song from INTO THE WOODS, a musical I haven't seen or even thought of in, oh....15 years.

No more Giants,
Waging War;
Can't we just pursue of lives
With our children and our wives?
'Til that happy day arrives,
How do you ignore:
All the witches,
All the curses,
All the wolves and lies
The false hopes, the goodbyes,
The reverses.....
All the wondering what even worse
Is still in store....

Now, regardless of the fact that Steve writes a hell of a lyric, I'm concerned that I'm now doing some kind of wide-awake, somnambulist sleep-singing.

Other than that, I'm fine.
How are you?

1 comment:

Kizz said...

I can't pay attention to Dr. Clemo and Mr. Sondheim because your dad is recycling BANJO JOKES as political ones?!?!?! Is this what the Republicans have been reduced to? It's almost sad.