Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Uh.

It's amazing just how tired you can feel when you look at the calender and see no end in sight.

But that's adulthood, I'm told.

(insert Flintstones-style cursing here. I would do it, but I can't spell "raggafraggastragga")

I realized last night that I should be a political pundit. So far, friendly readers, I have successfully predicted the outcomes of both the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primaries. I was surprised at how John McCain did in NH, and was gratified on how terribly Rudy G. fared. I'm still concerned about the electibility of any of the Democratic candidates, particularly in the deep south, and although there has been some humanity showing through, I think that Mrs. Clinton is being seen as an ice maiden.....

Recently, according to published reports, she came very close to breaking down during an appearance on Monday evening. I'm not sure whether the country is ready to see a candidate cry. It didn't work for Muskie, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work for Clinton. And we all know how screaming works. Right, Mr. Dean?

And speaking of Mr. Dean, let's remember that he was supposed to be the shoe-in candidate in 2004, and he fizzled early. As the old saying goes, you gots to play all 48 minutes.

Another topic, briefly:

If you're watching the playoffs this weekend, and see a Budweiser commercial featuring Rob Riggle......if you look to his right (which would be to your left) and see what looks like a youngish kid with a beer in his hand, his name is Casey Hayes. He was one of my students. So, if you do see the commercial, yell and scream at the tv. I'm sure he'll hear you.


And lastly:

I have had a crush on Tina Fey for many years now.

Have a good day, folks!

2 comments:

Kizz said...

Yeah, Tina Fey is hawt.

Gertrude said...

I agree. Tina. Hot.
The South may very well rise again. It is the wild card.
Coon dogs and bass boats aside.
Wonder what the other women leaders we saying when they saw Hilary break down... American women know this feeling very well. Tears welling up and wanting to hit something and hit it hard. But instead crying in front of your boss or America!
Bet the Queen and Ms. Thatcher has a good long stiff laugh. I don't know why it is viewed as a weakness to feel. I would love to see GW cry.