Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday. Random.

Last night, I watched Bill Clinton introduce his wife to some Iowa voters at a previously recorded rally. And the only thing I kept thinking was, "Warts and all, I'd vote for him again if I could."

But at this point, I will throw my support to anybody who can bring us out of our "long national nightmare."

Except Rudy G. Creepy Bastard.

I also watched the new season of LAW AND ORDER last night. I've been a fan of this show since it first hit the airwaves about 18 years ago; back when Captain Kragen was running the squad, Mike Logan was partnered with Max Greevey, and Michael Moriarty was the ADA, Ben Stone.

I like Sam Waterston. I've seen a lot of his work. And I think he's being wasted in this new role as DA. And I'm not sure I like the poster boy and the pinup girl as the new attorneys, but anything is better than Elizabeth Rohm.

Ah, hell, just cancel the thing and I'll watch the reruns.

Why have they stretched the bowl season out until next week? I can remember the glory days of my youth, watching bowl games on the Eve and the Day, and that would be it.....but then again, that was back when the Big Ten and Pac EIGHT would either appear in the Rose Bowl, or go home.

I'm constantly amazed that I have lived this long, and that I can remember more about twenty years ago than I can yesterday.

I haven't come up with any resolutions, but I would like to finish at least one project before this time NEXT YEAR. Any project at all.

3 comments:

Kizz said...

Amen to the Elizabeth Rohm. I caught 2 seconds of her on a rerun of Angel yesterday and it plunged me into despair.

Any thoughts on what sort of project that might be? Even a vague category?

Gertrude said...

Pass along the secret please because I cannot remember 20 years ago or yesterday.
I would vote for Bill in a box, Bill in socks. Bill has aged so well. His legacy is now one more of understanding and foretelling of future events and a job well done than I could have ever hoped for.
If you haven't had a chance to read MY LIFE, do. Of listen to Bubba read it on audio, even better!

Misti Ridiculous said...

I'm with you on Bill, too. And though I'm not an avid fan of the L/O series, I'll never forget you and Kizz in our living room...hey you got your Law and order in my peanut butter...you got your (what was it?) in my chocolate? do you remember that or am I making up stories from the past. See..I can remember them. Mostly with all the details. I'm amazed too.