Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm not big on lists.....

But I will tell you some things, if you'll listen....

My last Christmas present arrived the other day, a bit late but most welcome. It is a three book, cloth bound collection of the COMPLETE CALVIN AND HOBBES. I don't know how many of you followed Calvin and his Tiger in their ten year run in the papers, but it was one of my all-time favorites.

Of course, it finished it's run a leeeetle over twelve years ago. I've seen nothing to compare to it since.

Progress on the newspaper comics front: nil.
________________________________________________________________________________

I've decided on a new "buzzphrase" for this year:

"THINKING INSIDE OF THE BOX" IS THE NEW "THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX".

________________________________________________________________________________

I've just been reading some posts, obviously written by somebody who is more in favor of "texting" than actually writing.

I hate texting.

Aside from the fact that it is slowly destroying our society's ability to write, I'm afraid that we will eventually evolve into homo sapiens with HUGE thumbs.

It's not something I want to see.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Is it just me, or does anybody else hear banjo music every time you hear the name "Spears"?

_________________________________________________________________________________

On a previous post, I mentioned that I would like to finish one project this year. Of course, the four of you that actually READ my ramblings were kind enough to ask, "what project would that be?"

Being put on the spot like that, my initial reaction is to ignore it, and move on. It's the same reaction I take to seeing flashing lights in my rearview mirror, or waking up with a numbness in both my legs, or receiving a letter from the Infernal Revenue. But since I like you folks, I'll elaborate....

1. I have no less than FIVE writing projects in the works: one on infamous hijacker D. B. Cooper, actor Edwin Booth, Mark Twain, the wreck of the Steamboat Sultana, and Sherlock Holmes. I would like to finish one of them before the end of the year.

Keep in mind I've made that promise every year since my last was produced in the spring of 2003.

2. I'm also trying to work up some enthusiasm for my latest political endeavor, which is VEGETARIANS FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT. So far, people think I'm kidding.

3. I have a room in the basement of my house currently used for storage. I would like to finish the room. I would also like to put a door on my office; one with a glass pane which reads, ARCHIE GOODWIN, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR.

4. I would also, in the coming year, like to come up with a fourth entry to this list.

Oh, wait. DONE.

3 comments:

Kizz said...

I vote for the Edwin Booth project but let me know how the Vegetarians for Capital Punishment thing goes.

Misti Ridiculous said...

I too, vote for the edwin booth. I also vote for the door to the office. That makes me happy.

Gertrude said...

Good luck on the writing. You should you know? You are good at it.
I hate the word texting. It is just not right. Text implies I text.
Define capital punishment? Cake or death?