Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The quality of Inertia at this latitude is delightful.

I'm currently sitting on a small, shaded deck outside my Father's rented apartment right around the corner from the Siesta Village, within sound of the ocean, and in the early morning hours, the sound of the large trucks collecting the loud recyclables from the many bars and restaurants that line the streets of the aforementioned Siesta Village.

I won't tell you the temperature, or the color of the sky, for fear that I will be assassinated upon my return to the Northern State.

It's 72 and blue.

Sue me.

The wind down takes a day or two, actually; I'm pretty sure when I was a pup, I could relax faster (but then again, when I was a pup, everything seemed to be able to happen faster). A few walks upon the beach, a dish of fish and chips, and a dish of Big Olaf's ice cream, and I can feel the stress start to melt away.

Yeah. I know. And so do you. It never completely goes away. But the Def Con level goes down considerably when I'm here.

I wish you could all be here. There are reasonable rentals all over the place down here; they have the Baltimore Orioles just across the bridge, the Pittsburgh Pirates a tad further North, the Tigers are about 90 minutes away, and we are far enough away from the world of Disney to not care. There's tons of food, a Ringling Brothers Museum, several local and regional theatres, and a place where we could all rent Sedgeways, and cruise the streets of the village like warped version of the Hell's Angels.

We could loll in hammocks in the daylight, and dance on the shore in the moonlight. We could look to the west and give the one fingered salute to Galveston (I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN, GALVESTON! YOU MAY THINK YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT, BUT MY REVENGE WILL BE TERRIBLE.....BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT SWIFT!).

Today, it's a baseball game, hotdogs, crackerjack, lots of beer and your humble scribe as designated driver.

And who cares what tomorrow brings.......

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Sounds like a brilliant place for a reunion.