Saturday, March 19, 2011

Late Night Catechism....or Non-Drunken 3 AM Rant? You Decide.....

I am a great believer.

In what, exactly, changes from day to day, hour to hour.

I have experienced a few quite un-explainable things in my life.

I am quite sure (and remember to whom you are talking, people.....) that I have been visited, on at least two occasions, by those gone on to the next experience.

Of course, did they give me ANY IDEA of the future? Did they drop a hint as to the lottery numbers, or who was going to win the Derby?

NO.

They appeared to just want to make sure that I was all right.

Like THAT was important, or something.

The first was a girl named Kristi, whom I knew and loved back when I didn't know or hadn't loved as much. The things I can remember were that she had long blonde hair, long fingers, and a laugh that you earned. She enjoyed playing the trumpet, and I enjoyed sitting next to her while she did. She also loved horses.

She died on a ride on July 21, 1979. My 17th birthday.

Pretty much ruined every birthday after that.

I took it very badly.

Until she appeared to tell me not to.

I believe her exact words were, "Oh, STOP IT!" But, they made me feel better. And I continued on the path, and helped a few others out, as well.

Yes, it's the story of my life: put my s**t aside, and help out the others. I probably was one of the pursers on the Titanic.

Oh, THERE'S a metaphor.

By the time I reached my late twenties, I was sure of a few things; I was sure that in the absence of true evidence, that belief will serve...until evidence presents itself.

I believe that Oswald acted alone.
I believe that man walked on the moon.
I believe that there is life out there, on other planets.

I believe that there is something after this.

And I believe that if you admit that evil exists, you must, by extension, believe in the existence of good.

I have been evil.
And now I seek good.

Who's with me?

3 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

MEMEMEMEMEEMEEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Steve Gans said...

Great post, brother, but we must discuss the Oswald situation someday!

Anonymous said...

I remember speaking to you about your freinds death and how it effeced you. I'm glad she helped you find peace. I lost a good friend almost 3 years ago. Soon after his death he appeared in dreams to his children and it bothered his widow that he didn't come to her. When I lost Derek last year one of the Sisters who was there for spiritual aid told me of native americans seeing lost loved ones in dreams Derek has not come to me. I know he is better now than he ever was in life but i wish I really KNEW if that makes sense.