Friday, January 14, 2011

Finding the Light.

I've been in contemplation. Or hibernation. Perhaps a bit of both.

Listening to the old songs, trying to find a new meaning. Or, a new feeling. Or, maybe an old feeling that provides new meaning.

This show.....well, it opens in two weeks or so.....and I have to admit, it's badly written. C.S. Lewis would not approve, I don't believe, and if he DID approve in the first place...well, his manuscript has withstood the test of time, but this script....well, there is nothing wrong with it that a pair of scissors and an IED wouldn't cure.

Yeah. Kinda like the Edsel.

But little by little, your intrepid actor journeys....and he finds the transitions and he humor and hopefully, all the lines will be there, and in the right order, before the time of audience arrives.

I've met some interesting people. One or two to which I took an instantaneous liking to.

My costume makes me look like a character from a hellish Damon Runyon story. I feel like dancing across the stage singing, "Sit Down, You're Rockin' The Boat."

And I have an eight foot tail.

There's a kind of feeling of homecoming that comes with stepping on a stage; like a friend you haven't seen in a long time. Like an old pair of comfortable slippers; a favorite novel.

There is no place in this life where I've felt more at home.

No comments: