Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Up for air.

I spent yesterday doing absolutely nothing.

Seriously, there was no actual movement in any direction.

I used to long for days where I could do nothing. I'd brag that I had a day to myself, and I was going to fill it with nothing. But I think that the "nothing" has changed as I've gotten eld.

I think nothing now means, "I'm going to do things that have nothing to do with the things I usually do." A vacation for the mind and the soul, so to speak.

Yesterday was an experiment in actual lethargy. And I have to tell you, it was a chore to complete, and relaxation shouldn't be intolerable. There should be movement and brain activity, and not a prone position on the couch, watching a "Dead Like Me" marathon.

Other than that, I'm good.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

I cannot think of one thing wrong with spending a day with a Dead Like Me marathon.

Misti Ridiculous said...

it took an almost sinus infection to lay my down all day sunday...i just dont relax anymore. Oh i'll sit and do nothing, all while that little bitch on my shoulder is pointing out chores that need to be done..gah. so good work on the marathon I say! bravo.