Friday, February 13, 2009

If food be the music of love, amscray!

In my single days, I would have thought it unbearably funny that Friday the 13th occurred just before Valentine's Day.

Of course, I was, in my youth, what I used to refer to as a "cynical romantic." That's a kind of a person who would travel in a snowstorm to deliver a dozen roses, only to proclaim that "they're just going to die in a few days, anyway."

And NO, I didn't do that. It's just a description!

Okay, I DID travel through a snowstorm to deliver a dozen roses to a woman named Jayme. It was stupid on so many levels, it looks like the set of a Buzby Berkley movie.

I've been through so many disastrous Valentine's Days that I understand why they burned the f***er at the stake.

So, here's the perspective from deep in the snow, in a place most people couldn't find on a map, from a person who always perceived himself as quickly known and forgotten.....

You should always tell people how you feel when you have the chance. Chances don't come up as often as you would think.

You're not as forgettable as you think you are. Take it from a person who has unintentionally blacked out portions of 1983-85.

And I believe I've said this before, but I'll reiterate: Love is energy: It can be created, but it cannot be destroyed.

So, for today, enjoy the creeps that the hockey mask guy creates.

Tomorrow, enjoy the energy the other creates.

And the day after that shall be as it pleases God.....

No comments: