Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Notes from myself.

I keep a notebook in my pocket most of the time, and I write down random things during the course of my day....here are some highlights:

"That's like building a whorehouse next to a mental hospital...it's fuckin' close to crazy!"

What I said to the guy in the toll booth after a windy journey across the Mackinac Bridge:

"I haven't driven myself over that bridge in twenty years, and it's just as terrifying as I remember."
"You should try it when the weather's bad."

My favorite acting instructor, upon seeing me for the first time since 1985:

"You have a portrait in your attic, don't you?"

To the nice woman at the register at John King's bookstore in Downtown Detroit:

She: "and how was everything today?"
Me: "Well, I enjoyed the classical music on the fourth floor, but the disco on the third floor left me cold."
She: "I'll see what I can do about that."
Me: "I blame the late seventies."
She: "Who doesn't?"
Me: "Are you hiring?"
She: "Well, we have a position on the third floor, but I don't think you'd like it."

I like smart, funny people.

A conversation in my car somewhere west of Chicago:

"John, we'd like you to come in for an interview on Friday."
"Well, I'm outside of Chicago, and on vacation, so I don't suppose that's going to work for me."
"Well, could we do it by phone?"
"What is it that confuses you about the definition of the word 'vacation'?"
"How's Friday, about noon?"

I'm kinda hoping I DON'T get the job.

Last night, at the airport:

"Excuse me, but do I have to take off my shoes?"
"Yes, all footwear must be screened."
"I have lovely feet. And I'm single."
"I don't. And I'm not."

Also, last night, at the airport:

"I was told I can't carry mousse on the plane."
"It depends, are we talking hair mousse, chocolate mousse, or big freakin' antlers moose?"

There's more, but that's the highlights.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

Porch Wit continues...good stuff man. thank you for sharing it!!!