Wednesday, August 13, 2008

That's not writing, that's just typing.....

Once again, in the throes of the dreaded block.

I like to think of it as one of those icing sleeves that confectioners use to decorate cakes. Except mine is, well, blocked. And I'm realllly squeeeezing the other end, in the hopes that there will be an explosion of delicious icing spilling out soon.

How about a list?

THINGS I WANT.

Icing. (oh, this is not going to go well, I can tell...)

I want people to stop sending me political endorsements. I've not made up my mind, and I'm not sure when I will.

I want to go to Alaska, just to say I did. I'd take pictures to prove it, because all my friends are skeptics.

A laptop computer would be nice, but I figure I'd just have the capacity to be blocked on two pieces of electronic equipment. Maybe I should try paper.

I want to be interested in the Olympics. I'm having a hard time with it. Don't know why. I think the last time I was really into it was '72.

I want to run through a sprinkler.

I want to find D. B. Cooper. And then, I want to put him back where I found him.

I want to find an ending to this that will not just taper off, but at the same time will leave the reader with a sense of completion.

The End.

Yeah, that works.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

This Olympics has already had bloodshed and has just as much potential for disaster as '72. Does that help at all?