Friday, August 8, 2008

From the tightly wound but quite exhausted mind of...

I've been reading a book that a lot of people have talked about, entitled INTO THE WILD. If you don't know, it's about a young man of good birth and education, who throws everything away, shuns society and family, and makes a go of it in the Alaskan Wilderness.

He dies, of course. If he didn't, nobody would have written a book about it. But the interesting thing about it is people's reactions to it.

Most people think he was an idiot.

Read the book; you'll discover that the young man lived his life. And I guess we should say LIVED. He met people; he felt deep affection, and great respect for those around him; he worked hard; and he saw something.....something that just seems to be a little left of where we all tend to look.

I'd pay good money to see it, just for a second.

The house is quiet now. My young relatives have moved now into their beautiful new home, and begin a new chapter in their lives. I hope they know, as I'm pretty sure you've all guessed already, that I stand as the safety net if ever things should begin to suck for them.

That's what you do.

Bernie Brillstein died today; for those of you who don't know it, he was an agent, producer, and major mover and shaker in Hollywood. If you watch television, watch for his name as a producer. He was the agent to most of the SNL original cast, and was instrumental in getting it off the ground.

Yes. He was Belushi's agent. And, I believe, Farley's.

The jury is out on which direction he'll be heading, because AFTER ALL, he was an agent. But I'll vote for heaven.

I swear to GOD that if I can't laugh my ass off in heaven, I'm not going.

In our youth, our hearts were touched by fire.

The readiness is all.

Goo Goo G'Joob.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Bernie Mac's up there now, too. Seems like it's going to be a very funny place.