Friday, May 30, 2008

Nutbush City Limits.

It's getting late in my evening, and the bi-polar weather is at it again....sunny and warm for the first eight hours, and then Zeus cranks it up and it's "build your ark" time. But we needed the rain.....in smaller doses over a longer period of time, mind you, but I ain't gonna look a gift squall in the mouth.

For those of you interested (And why would you be? Seriously, I know some of you, and I'm not one to poke fun at your literary choices, but dear friends: I find the minutiae of my own life as boring as listening to a McCain speech after dropping three cups of NyQuil, so I can't imagine how you could find me that interesting...) I did NOT audition for the local Shakespeare extravaganza....for the performance dates fall on the one weekend in the WHOLE FREAKIN' SUMMER that I'll be unavailable.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. But I kept a stiff upper lip so my wife wouldn't see. She blames herself for my sabbatical; and I can't quite get it through to her that she is more important than my ego.

And that's going some, because my ego is as big as Hell and half of Texas.

I could go off on the whole, "and besides" thing, but the fact is I would like to do something.....but I want it on my conditions. And if I can't get that feeling of genuine collaboration, with people on or above my level, then I'm content to be discontent.

I may get a chance to teach a little more often for the government agency I currently serve. Maybe that won't make me crazy.

HAH!, said the shit house rat.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

You really can't expect one little boon from your day job to reverse a whole lifetime of crazy, can you?

Historiclemo said...

Define "Lifetime".