Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday. Named for Saturn.

The long awaited rain finally arrived, in the form of thunderstorms. There's something about a thunderstorm, I think; the rolling of the thunder puts me in mind of some of the great storms on Lake Superior during my green and salad days.

Of course, another benefit is that I can put off the lawn work for another day, and watch televised sporting programs, or all the episodes of HOUSE I have on my dvr. Or both.

The last couple of days have been very windy; the kind of wind that not only blows, but also whips and swirls. Being outside for ten minutes felt a little like getting your ass kicked in a pillow fight: it isn't going to leave a mark, but it can put a hurtin' on ya.

I'm considering auditioning for a play here in Bismarck. Twelfth Night. Apparently, somebody has taken the plunge and started something. I'm just not sure I can do it anymore. I'm not sure I can work at the leisurely pace a community project demands, and my attitude toward humanity as a whole has been quite bitter as of late. But, I have a few days to decide, and perhaps my lethargy will lift and I'll give it a shot. The worst thing that could happen is that my beliefs are founded, and I CAN'T do it anymore. It's not like the theatrical world would be dimming the lights or anything.

Have a good afternoon.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Audition. It's dipping your toes in the water. If the water is brackish you can always say no thank you.