Friday, April 29, 2011

There is much here that makes no sense; maybe you'll want to skip it....wait until tomorrow...I'm sure he'll have a topic by then....then again.....

Random thoughts:

I think that the word, "Baby" as a term of endearment is annoying. Especially when it's used to sell Pine-Sol.

Similarly, I get annoyed at the Holier-Than-Thou tone that comes with those commercials asking for money to feed children in far-away places. Especially since the announcer hanging out with the needy children seem to be well-fed. Share your lunch, ya bastard!

The other day, I sat in a Starbucks located inside the Barnes and Noble, and talked theatre for two hours. As I stated at the end of the conversation, I either need to do it more often.....or less, so I wouldn't miss it as much as I do when I get to have conversations like that.

I wonder, when this part of my life is finished, if I'll be able to wash all the knowledge out of my head. I don't want to know the many ways that radical strangers can kill me.

The National Weather Service reports that we have an opportunity for some snow this weekend.

Request permission to peel the skin right off of my skull.

I can remember, when I was in college, reading a cheesy little play called, THE DAY THEY KIDNAPPED THE POPE. The story is basically summed up in the title; the ransom is that the world must be completely at peace for one day; and the Pope himself decides to remain kidnapped until such a thing happens.

And it does.

I wonder what it would be like to have complete peace for 24 hours.

Do you think that a conversation would begin, to possibly extend that feeling? Or, do you think that we would bide our time, wait for the time to run out, and go back to what we were doing?

Why can't it be simple? Why must we make some kind of public ritual out of everything?

Okay, I'm done.

Enjoy the wedding.

No comments: