Monday, April 18, 2011

.......

Good morning, America, how are ya?

It's currently snowing in the Northern State.

Yeah....we got about three inches on Friday....and we're expecting several more inches before the storm clears on Wednesday.

It's an accepted legend that Mother Nature gives one more little F.U. as Winter becomes Spring...just to remind you who rules the roost. Even as the flowers and the trees begin to bloom, I hold out from putting the shovels and the snowblower away...for there is always one more parting shot.

Of course, I'll complain a little...after a long cold winter, you kind of want that "There Has To Be A Morning After" moment, where the snow fades and the sun comes out and you've survived another attempt on your life.

And I'm pretty sure I'll complain in July when the temps and the humidity conspire to suffocate me and leave my body on the side of the road.

Bi-Polar. That's what the Northern State is.

Tomorrow, the city goes to the polls to vote on whether to make the city smoke-free; the restaurants, the bars, etc.

Oh, and we're also voting on a sales tax to pay for the vote.

There's just enough weirdness in my life to make it interesting.

No comments: