Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's a Fine, Fine Day......

I'd say it was a little like being blind, but that would be a horrible insult to the actual blind.

We had a blizzard here on Tuesday; you probably heard about it; it was in all the newspapers, and on The Weather Channel and junk. The predicted high winds, and blowing snow, and an accumulation of 1 inch.

LIARS.

Oh, they were right about the wind. And we weren't alone; apparently, my friends in Chicago were getting very rare Hurricane force winds. Of course, such things are what we refer to in the Northern State as "Spring."

But what they lied about was the accumulation. More like 6 inches, blowing and drifting and icing and oh boy that makes for an interesting commute.

Yes, I know what you're thinking.....and yes, I chose to live here. File it under, "The Things We Do For Love."

But the vicious wind took away the satellite dish at work, so we are without our multi-dimensional window to the world. And at a most inappropriate time, what with strange packages and stolen UPS uniforms and....

Oh. Once again, I'm not sure what's been on the news and what hasn't.

To repeat something I wrote to my friend Kizz...."Crap...uh...THESE AREN'T THE DROIDS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!"

So, I have two computers fired up, each on a different news website, and the Ipod is playing music.....I started with Jeff Wayne's version of War of the Worlds, and then I moved to a soundtrack of a musical review of Stan Rogers' music...and now, I"m listening to Tony Carey.

I'm really feeling the tedium tonight my friends.

I suppose it's fortunate that these windows don't open.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Sigh. I guess I'll stop complaining about the windless, dry, 37 degree mornings we've had here. Phooey! But I have to put a coat on my dog!

(Seriously, my dog would last about 30 seconds in your town. He'd freeze into a block of ice and still be light enough to blow into the next county before you could lash him to the house.)