Monday, November 1, 2010

I feel like a pretzel.

I'm wondering if we haven't lost.

We see goblins in every dark place.
We fear and hate many for the crimes of a few.
Those that plead for reason are shouted down by those that want to become what we hate; and insist that we use the same tactics that we fear.
Pretty people with disarming smiles use platitudes, and the mass of scared, unthinking but reacting majority see a savior.
"They're not like THEM! They're like US!" they cry.

We have met the enemy, and they is us.

And my country bleeds.

But I did enjoy the rally last weekend. I wish that everybody would have enough of a sense of humor to see the sun through this fog of war, and anger, and needful revenge.

Fox sure missed the point.
Smarmy bastards.

Election day tomorrow.
Many choices to make.
There are some Republicans and some Democrats that I favor.

Did you know that North Dakota is the only state that doesn't require voter registration?

Yup.
Show your ID at the proper precinct, they check to see that your address matches, and off you go...doing your civic duty.

Heh.
Duty.

My philosophy: If you can keep my country safe, and keep the economy strong, then I don't care if you are serviced by two prostitutes on the top of a double-decker bus going down Fifth Avenue with a banana in your ear, you are the best person for the job.

That's why I voted for Bill.

So.

No comments: