Friday, November 19, 2010

Less rant, more logic....same story....different day.

Really sorry to harp on this.....

Thanks to all that are worried about the status of my employment; I am not worried. The same people they are interviewing for the story about those awful security screenings are the same people who are setting up websites to get to the bottom of the voter fraud on Dancing with the Stars.

Yes, I know you won't believe me when I say that the AIT screening is safe; but the deeply tanned future Speaker of the House gets more radiation in one of this fake bakes than you would get in an AIT scans.

I know, I know....you don't believe me.

Two years ago, the then-head of the TSA, a good man named Kip Hawley, went on 60 MINUTES and demonstrated the technology, showing more than the average person gets to see. Among the things discussed were the fact that the computer that reads the images is stand-alone, and not networked so that the images STAY in the computer and are deleted as soon as the next one comes around; that the images are examined by a gender-specific Officer who is (and I know this will be shocking) more interested in FINDING WEAPONS AND EXPLOSIVES than analyzing private parts.

Finally, if I may offer a few personal notes....

The pat-down was created to scan the areas that have been demonstrated (on a near miss on Christmas Day in the skies over Detroit) to be used to bring DANGEROUS EXPLOSIVES onto the airplane for the sole purpose of KILLING AMERICANS. We don't profile, so any anomaly in that private area must be searched. All people who seek to do harm do not look like Mohammad Atta; sometimes they look like Tim McVeigh.

I think, at last count, less than 70 airports in this country have AIT technology; the rest of America should just shut the hell up.

As I have said before (in a posting I wrote just after Christmas of '09, you do not have the inalienable right to fly in an airplane. Take the Greyhound.

By the way, I have a hard time taking seriously a 31 year old man who refers to his penis as his 'junk'. Grow up, a**hole.

There has been talk about privatizing security in the airports, and if that's what people want, let the majority rule..but let's remember a couple of things:

1. Our pat-down procedure is tame compared to that of law enforcement. You want to experience 'invasive?'

2. A great many of the TSA employees would, most likely, be hired as the private security.

3. The TSA is funded by the Federal Government. Does anybody think that the airlines, or the airport administrations, or the state governments want to pony up to pay for something there are currently getting for FREE?

4. Would anybody want to jump in the way-back machine to, say....September of earlier in this decade and see what a BANG UP job they private security did?

My friends......let's let the media find the next 15 minute story (oh, PLEASE let it be about Eva and Tony, PLEASE!) and cooler heads prevail and have a conversation that would be productive and not punishing.

And by the way, I appreciate the way my friends and acquaintances have managed to separate me from the organization I work for.......

No comments: