Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rant!

Oh boy.

Two things.

Firstly.....I have found the people who mostly complain about their personal privacy at airports also have very public Facebook pages....AND are usually the ones shouting a list of the possessions in their carry-on if the X-Ray Officer spends 'too much' time looking at the image of their bag.

You can't simultaneously complain about a violation of your privacy and tell me (and everybody ELSE in the checkpoint) you have a.....uh....personal massager.....in your suitcase.

Secondly.....If anybody has a way to solidify our security measures while avoiding a violation of your (and that guy who wants to smuggle dangerous stuff on board your airplane) privacy, while at the same time not spending any money because you're a tea bag sonofabitch that believes in small government and fiscal responsibility, then bring on your suggestions.

Or, perhaps, you'd like to go back to the good old days?

Look, I get it. I do. There are a LOT of bad Officers out there, who make you feel small and put you on edge, and make inappropriate comments because they have small penises and need to Lord it over somebody.

But the people who DO give a damn (and I consider myself one of those) are willing to give you your dignity, and your privacy, if we can just get you to give us a little slack.

I worry....so you don't have to.

Please. Let me worry.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

I've been reading about this stuff all day from people on all sides of the spectrum. But it's thanks to one fly by night retweet that I now really want a poll that tells us how many anti-scan, anti-pat down people are also anti-reproductive choice.