Friday, November 5, 2010

Rage. Pure. Blinding. Rage.

I was recently sent this little piece of wisdom, by a sarcastic friend of mine. It comes, apparently, from one of those magazines, and it is a quote from Jessica Alba, who is talking about acting.

To quoth Alba:

On acting: "Good actors, never use the script unless it's amazing writing. All the good actors I've worked with, they all say whatever they want to say."

And there it is, ladies and gentlemen: proof positive that nobody currently considered an actor knows that the F**K they're talking about, or doing, or thinking.

Yes, I know I'm in the middle of an under-thought, exhaustion-sparked, "oh, GOD I miss my career as an actor" rant. I can't stop it.

I haven't been this pissed off at the obvious, fundamental lack of understanding to the art to which I gave a majority of my lifespan since somebody described the late Heath Ledger's performances as "coming from a place of truth."

Of COURSE it comes from a "place of truth" you F**K!

God, I am SO ANGRY I COULD JUST START THROWING FURNITURE OUT THIS WINDOW UNTIL THE POLICE COME AND TELL ME TO STOP!

Let's just hope that Jessica Alba never does an adaptation of anything written prior to the last century. In fact, let's hope that Motherhood takes her away completely.

JEEPERS, WHY DOES THIS PISS ME OFF SO MUCH?

1 comment:

ChromePlatedGirl said...

Wow. What disrespect to all the writers, too.
I know that improving is a major trend, but come on!