Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm no Superman.

My friends, I'm tired.

Usually, I can occupy these small hours with chores of a kind; there's always some paperwork to do, or some report to read.....but today, it's a perfect storm of boredom. No paperwork, and only infomercials....or things I've seen before....or medical shows that simultaneously intrique and sicken me.

The only thing that makes it bearable is the fact that there are only 4 and a half hours to go.

Remind me to write about the unique pain that comes with the whole, "fall back" thing...yeah, and extra hour in the middle of the night.....you just know that if these damned window opened.....

Random Musings:

My organization has a place where everybody in the organization can offer ideas on how to improve the organization...it's called, 'The Idea Factory', and if you need a template of how this country is going, all you need to do is read this site for about fifteen minutes.

Seriously, you'll want to move.

And, given the fact that the people offering the ideas are, in fact, responsible for the security of aviation all over this great land of ours, you'll NEVER EVER want to get on an airplane AGAIN. EVER.

So, somebody suggests that there be some kind of physical fitness element put into our job descriptions. Seems like a reasonable request, given the planet-sized people that populate the airport checkpoints around the country. Surely, I can't see Officer Blubber doing anything but breathing heavy and complaining if something goes terribly wrong...

But...I'm reminded that this is America; and we are given by our Founding Fathers the right, nay the RESPONSIBILITY to be a bunch of slugs.

On to other things:

NPR fired a guy, and now everybody's got an opinion, although I'm fairly certain that the people who are complaining about this guy getting the boot never listened to NPR in their LIVES. But this is America, and we're given by our Founding Fathers the right, nay, the RESPONSIBILITY to have opinions that are not based upon any research, or fact.....but are given to us by the Holy Trinity of Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Beck.

Sounds kind of like a brilliant double-play combination, doesn't it? Limbaugh, to O'Reilly, to Beck.

But anyway.....the fact is, NPR has a right to fire anybody they like. And if you don't like it, don't tune in.

Oh, yeah. Nobody does.

Oh, and just so I can say it.....Sarah Palin: if you have solutions, I'd love to hear them, but so far, you're really good at pointing out the problem. We know what the problem is, Sarah. Give us solutions. A nice list, written on your hand would be gratefully accepted.

In fact, if you don't have any solutions, people, please, please, please SHUT THE F**K UP!


Sorry. I'm just overwhelmed by the constant blah blah blah...and I don't get Comedy Central.

1 comment:

ChromePlatedGirl said...

Please revise this entry to include a sandwich. That is all.