Friday, October 1, 2010

Tick....ow...Tick....ow....Tick....owwwwwwwwww......

There's a special kind of desperation that comes with a terrible "just this side of a migraine" headache with six hours left to go on your shift.

Looking around for something sharp; trying to figure out the logistics of cutting your own head off and replacing it with the stapler. Realizing that cutting your own head off is much like trying to crucify yourself; the third nail is impossible.

So, I go home, rather than to the Fitness Center; I get into a hot shower rather than a cold bed. I eat cake instead of a bowl of cereal. I re-consider the whole, "cut my head off" thing.

And....again, abandon the idea as impractical.

But there's a HOUSE marathon on USA....and I can actually make the room pretty dark. And the cake is pretty good, though not as crunchy as the cereal.

Three more days until my vacation.

No comments: