Monday, October 18, 2010

Travels....



I had a hard time believing that this house was still standing; it was on it's last legs twenty two years ago, when I lived on the second floor.

My roommate Steve and I called it "The Treehouse", because it was the second floor, and it had all the things a good Treehouse should have: comic books, junk food, and bottle rockets. I'm pretty sure we had dart guns and plastic swords, as well.....

There were some subtle differences from an actual Treehouse. Our policy allowed girls. At the time, both Steve and I were in relationships. He married his.

I can't begin to tell you the fun that comes from my memories of this particular place....Steve was an undergrad at the time, but a theatre undergrad was busy enough, but I was attempting to do a three year program in two years, so I was always running like the proverbial headless chicken. But, in the Treehouse, there was Monty Python and Doctor Who, all manner of Halloween and Friday the 13th films, and egg salad sandwiches; oh, and laughter. The kind of laughter you don't find often enough.

And twenty two years later, I stood in front of the house hand in hand with the girl I didn't marry, and we laughed until we cried. And then, we went to find some food.

It should have been egg salad.

That would have been just about perfect.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

Ohhhhh man. I do love a reunion. and a funky house.