Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Waiting.

There is a special anticipation, when you're waiting for the pizza fairy to come.

The wife is out of town, enjoying the special qualities of Columbus, OH, on the government tab. So, aside from some training classes, it's all wine and song over there in the land of the Buckeye. Leaving me, of course, to trod along the path with nothing but three cats and the pizza fairy to keep me company.

Frankly, I got tired of cooking for myself. And the pizza place is local, not chain, so at least I contributing to the local economy.

In other news....

Nothing new from Michigan. Apparently, we're running silent, and deep, and all is static and silence. I'm okay with it; they'll call when the time comes. And when the time comes, I've gotten clearance to leave my post on a moment's notice.

I'm okay, really. Although, at work on Monday, at 0300, I burst into tears. Cried like a baby for about thirty minutes. All the time thinking, "I'm glad it's 0300, because I'd have a hellava time trying to explain this."

Believe it or not, I have the reputation at work of being the lighthearted but cynical pragmatist. And there's no crying at Homeland Security.

Unless something heavy lands on your foot.

Ah, the pizza has arrived.

No comments: