Monday, February 8, 2010

Show me the way....

One year ago, I was sitting in my older brother's family room, watching the Super Bowl on his television, with a pair of Buddy's Pizzas (a Detroit Tradition), and my Father and my Brother and his family and I ate and drank and laughed and caught up and it was wonderful.

This year, I worked all night, took my wife to the airport so she could fly to Ohio for some training and was about to go to sleep when the phone rang. A twenty minute conversation with that same elder brother robbed me of sleep.

It won't be long now, I fear; and I wonder what the plan is that keeps her here when it would be far more fair to see her soul fly free. What are we all supposed to learn from this that hasn't been driven home this past decade?

If you have a spare minute, could you help prepare the way? I fear my prayers are inadequate.

3 comments:

Kizz said...

I despair of ever finding the right combination of demands and wishes and fears to let them go. I wish her godspeed, though. Whatever that may be.

Reg said...

My prayers, my good thoughts and all my love to you and yours. Thus it has always been. And it will ever remain.

Misti Ridiculous said...

everything I have that is good...is yours my dear. I wish peace, and light. for all. xoxo