Friday, February 26, 2010

Florida looks like a ......

I'm not sure if my morning muffin should have icing on it.

That's not a metaphor; I'm really wondering how healthy a muffin can be; I mean, the muffin itself is not particularly healthy (although it's carrot....but I believe they just wave the carrot over the batter as they're making the muffin) and it's literally stacked with a type of cream cheese frosting that you simultaneously covet and condemn (mostly covet).

And no amount of low calorie beverage is going to wash the sugar from your soul.

And I don't care right this minute.

I'm three days from a vacation. It's warmer in Florida; but not by much. I'm looking forward to eating my weight in anything that includes the company of just about anybody.....my schedule has me eating mostly alone these days....and I'm looking forward to watching one of the first Grapefruit League games...Pittsburgh against Baltimore.

It's been a long while since I saw the Gulf of Mexico. For some reason, my memory tells me that the last time I saw it, I was running North, away from Hurricane Andrew. But I'm not sure if that's real, or a vodka soaked illusion.

And now I realize that the last time I was in Florida, I was drinking a lot; I hope it didn't color my interpretation of how I enjoyed the state.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: