Friday, March 27, 2009

I can't lift my arms to flip off the snowplow guy....

The dynamite worked.

In case you haven't been following from your places of relative safety, the Missouri river that usually lives between its banks just about a mile from here was getting a lot of extra water from the snow melt and the rain and the blizzard, and the thaw caused a lovely ice jam just a little ways downriver, that was threatening to turn our river into a lake.

So, they blew it up.

Problem solved, for now, but there is another ice jam up river, and I think they're going to blow that one up, too. Or, perhaps, they already have.

In any event, to all of you who have asked, the Clemo family funny farm is fine. The only thing that hacked me off is the twelve tons of snow the plow left at the bottom of my driveway.

For those of you needing a geography lesson, Bismarck is in the Southwest part of the state. The real problems in ND these days are in Fargo, along the Red River. They're fighting like champs over there, and my thoughts and wishes are with them as they hope the river crests at 42 feet sometime tomorrow.

Today is sunny. Sky is blue. Temperature about 11 degrees.

Think I'll have another cup of coffee. The twelve tons of snow took a lot out of me.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

It's 65 here right now. I'm wearing a cardigan and a tee shirt and jeans and I'm too hot as I buzz around the neighborhood. I say this not to brag or lord over but only to illustrate my circumstances as I read. I read 11 degrees and was washed over with dread! OH MY GOD IT MIGHT BE ONLY ELEVEN TOMORROW! MUST. WASH. WOOLLY SOCKS!And my heart began to race and my breathing got all shaky.

It's possible that I am living just a touch TOO vicariously through other people, you included.