Monday, March 23, 2009

Embrace, and Move Forward.

The forecast does NOT look pretty here in the North.

Already, the rivers are beginning to rise, due in large part to the enormous amount of snow that fell from the sky during the winter that just doesn't seem to want to wane. We set some records this winter; quite frankly, it was the kind of winter I expected when I moved to this land, but everybody says it was pretty bad.

Yeah.
Kinda sucked, but what are you going to do about it?

But now, we have the snowmelt, and the rain. And now they're telling us that a new storm system could possibly drop six to twelve inches of snow on us before tomorrow morning.

Yippee.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. A little more than usual. The brain rebels at stagnation, and I've been trying to placate it. Some interesting stuff. And keep in mind that I'm not current, but these days, I'm recommending THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY and THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT TIME. Both are very interesting reads, and I would fully recommend them.

I've been reading about lots and lots of changes in people's lives.....

Change is good. It's evolution, really. And we have no real need to stay in one place forever. And even though evolution can be seen as something scary, in the long run.....well, I don't need to drive this point home.

Evolution comes from different sources.

Sometimes, it's the moment of mental clarity, when you see an old problem a new way.
Sometimes, it's a drive across a state line, to a new adventure.
Sometimes, it's opening the creative door, and seeing.....possibilities.

Sometimes, it feels like we are forced to "grow up." Nah. It's an imperative, sad to say, but through the evolutionary trace that we cut for ourselves through the wilderness, we take with us all those things we cherish, and through that we become who we were ever supposed to be.

I think the key is patience.

Have I preached that before?

Did I listen to the advice?

Well, it's just part of my own evolution.

2 comments:

Gertrude said...

Verra nice song Clemo. Will do.

Kizz said...

I have trouble distinguishing between "patience" and "sitting on my ass waiting for my ship to come in."