Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday is all right for Writing....

I love it when I get a thousand things done before noon. It gives me incentive and permission to let the rest of the day fall where it may....

It's getting warm up here, so I told my wife I would put the pool together. Again, she chides me about the lateness of the construction. In my defense....okay, I don't have any defense other than I'm lazy and I know what kind of shape the pool was when I put it away last fall, so I'm not really in the mood for it.

Pool is filling even as I write.

Grass needs the mowing. Wife has again chided me about the earliness of my mowing. I remind her that it's not my fault she didn't get in until three this morning, and if she's going to be out all night saving the world she's just going to have to put up with a little Briggs and Stratton action.

Swelling is going down even as I write.

Went into the bank early, got a home equity loan, and filled the cars with gasoline.
Went to the store and bought stuff.
Still have to do laundry.

Going off on a business trip tomorrow, should be gone for about a week, so I don't know if I'll be writing about my experiences. I'm off to Tulsa.

Why Tulsa?
Seriously, there were four of these seminars going on around the country, and I knew people in three of the places. Detroit: family and friends. Boston: friends. Memphis: Barbecue and Elvis' ghost. And then there's Tulsa.

At least it'll be hot.
And I'll be busy 8-5 everyday.
Learning stuff.

So, if you don't hear from me, think good thoughts of airplanes staying aloft and temperatures staying relatively cool.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

I'm on it.

Gertrude said...

Totally my ring tone. Seriously. Elton John rules.
Three cheers for nature and down time.
Have a nother' non alchy round on me.
And a toast to Mother Nature and who ever invented pools!