Monday, December 6, 2010

Vampires, Zombies, and the Holy Ghost.

I have not watched the AMC series The Walking Dead.

The truth is, I find movies about zombies to be....disconcerting.

Everybody has their bogeyman thing, I suppose. And I would think that 'zombies' would be very high on the list of things that scare the beeeejeeezus out of people. But then again, you'd be surprised how many people are afraid of cotton balls.

I know of two.

Just sayin'.

At the same time, I'm okay with movies about vampires....as long as the movie itself doesn't suck. NEAR DARK is one of my favorites. But I avoid things like A VAMPIRE IN BROOKLYN, and anything called, BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA.

Side note: Calling that piece of sh*t Bram Stoker's Dracula is like waving a paltry poultry over a vat of noodles and calling it soup. I won't even talk about the Eddie Murphy thing; it's hard to talk over all the sucking that movie did.

Well...if I had to be really honest, I think SHAUN OF THE DEAD was pretty funny.

And when you think about it, Dracula is just a zombie with an intellect, drinking blooood instead of eating braaaaiiiiins.

Okay, NOW I'm reminded of an old line from Sam Kinison: Did you ever notice that Jesus was the only person to come back from the dead that didn't scare the sh*t out of everybody?

Okay, this isn't exactly a first for me: I've actually started with no specific point, and no decided ending.....and the middle is just filler.

Oy.

4 comments:

Reg said...

I have seen it, and for me it isn't the zombies that freak me out. It is the "we're the only ones still alive and it looks pretty hopeless" stuff. I couldn't sleep after we saw "I Am Legend."

Kizz said...

I don't know, Jesus scares the shit out of me.

ChromePlatedGirl said...

I just had a zombie dream the other night. It was hilarious!!

VLG said...

I used to avoid gory/zombie movies too. However that all changed after I worked on a horror movie this past summer. Now I just view it as a study of special effect makeup.

My husband has written a zomedy which he hopes to film next summer. It might help you reframe your vision of zombies.