Monday, December 27, 2010

Aftermath.

It's now the 27th; the last couple of days went by like a Whirlwind.

I'm probably not the only person who felt that way.

On Christmas Day, I got off of work at 0830, went home, had a cup of coffee and opened some presents; my favorite was the DVD collection of the Brother Cadfael Mysteries starring Derek Jacobi; I loved these when they were on PBS, and now I own them....I also have my eye on the I, Claudius collection, but since I've seen it very often, I've put it off. Derek Jacobi is one of my favorites.

Also, I got a collection of bendable figures; Popeye, Olive Oyl, The Pink Panther, and Gumby and Pokey. All I need is Mr. Bill to make the collection complete, and they go up on the shelf next to my D.B. Cooper Bobblehead.

I slept for three hours and began the dinner preparation; the Prime Rib roast was cooked a bit more than MY taste desires, but got good reviews; the Chicken was tender and moist, and all the fixin' were scooped out in huge amounts and the sound of laughter and talk around the table was like sweet music for my soul. Then we opened more presents and then I went to bed so I wouldn't be cranky when I went to work at midnight.

Got home on the 26th, and for some reason went into a deep, ten hour coma. Screwed up my whole sleep cycle and now I AM cranky. But at least it's not snowing, and nobody brought explosives onto an airplane in their crotch this year.

Little victories.

So, I just wanted to take the time to say that I hope you all got rest and rejuvenation, that you're families held you tight, and your face hurts from smiling.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

No exploding crotches.
you've just succinctly described my entire dating year. or two.

ps. i love you. merry holiday