Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I think it's Tuesday. Don't hold me to that, though.

I'm doing a lot of living in my head these days. It happens every holiday season; it was actually worse when a) I was drinking and b) when I was single. I had a lot more quiet time in those days for my hobbies, which included recrimination and self-loathing. But, the relief of not being controlled by something, and being with somebody...it changes things. When I'm in my head, I dream dreams and solve problems and plot for the holiday bake fest.

I went down to the local community theatre last night and auditioned for a play called Screwtape; based upon a novel by C. S. Lewis. Based upon the reading material, it's interesting, but at the same time.....eh.

It's a funny thing about auditions; if you're next meal doesn't rely upon the success of audition, it's a lot more fun. Couple that with the fact that you're a reasonably unknown entity, then it practically entitles you to play fast and loose. The only downside is that in an effort to make everybody ELSE look good (which I have always believed to be the secret to successful auditioning), I was getting varied reactions; from a kind of gratitude, to a kind of pissed off arrogance at my effrontery.

So, I'm not sure how good a fit I am with this particular group.

Still, it's nice to blow out the carbon from time to time, and not care about the results.

And I got home in time for the second half of the MNF game, which was pretty much a foregone conclusion before they even kicked off to start the third quarter. But I had money on New England; I had hoped the Jets had played better, though. I hate it when the one game I really get to see in the course of a week is a blowout.

And it was a hellava lot better than watching the Red Wings get crushed by some West Coast team that never saw ICE except in a glass.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

i'm contemplating an upcoming audition too...