Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A letter from here.

It has begun to look more Springy here in the Northern State, and my mind wanders to all the perks of Springdom.....the lawn is lookin' mighty hurty out there, and I might need some professional help to make it look its usual, mediocre self. But, I can finally get to the bird feeder (it had been buried behind one very large and very angry looking drift, that came to be in the Great Christmas Blizzard of '09, and as multiplied exponentially by the Slightly Less Great But By No Means Ignorable Blizzard of February '10. So, I can set out some seed and wait for the songs to begin again.

I've lived on this longitude before; I know that when spring comes, it comes in a feint; Mother Nature has this habit in the Northern Climes....she lures us into believing that we can put away the things of Winter and then, BLAMMO! You get one, last, beautiful snowstorm that leaves accumulation, and you curse one last time as you fire up the blower.

I prefer snow. I can remember one Spring, when Mom Nature sent ice. Tons of ice.

Ice in good....for a drink. Bad for driving, or hoping that the power poles can stand the extra weight, and not snap like pitiful toothpicks.

Work is work, of course.....and in the past couple of days have had my fair share of adrenaline inducing situations...but nothing you need worry about. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if you DID need to know about it, I would have called you all, individually, and the hell with clearances and what-not. But the truth is, these events are all....deceptively scary. And they wind down, and they are taken care of. It is a pity my organization cannot glorify their successes; and because of that, are only attended when something goes wrong.

Okay, I'll be honest. They keep pissing me off. I'll get a raise, and then the raise will be taken away because of some award I got LAST YEAR, and I'm wondering just how long I'll be punished for doing my job well.

Yeah, it's really a minor point; I'm not starving. But I do have an ache; and it is brought on by the fact that I'm now used to having money at the end of the month, and it has becomes...virtually...impossible for me to move on to something I would like better, but would probably starve doing.

Growing up. SUCKS.

Well, there's really not much more to say for today, so I guess I'll get ready for another work day. Hopefully, it'll be a quiet one.

Drop a line when you can.

1 comment:

Kizz said...

Growing Up: Not for the hopeful.

Machine guns and slavering dogs on my commute. Thank you Putin et. al.