Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Countdown to Exodus.

Last weekend, a storm came through, including sleet, snow, high winds and frigid temperatures that knocked power out all over the Northern State. Some people are still without power, and have been for almost a week.

Thankfully, we were not burdened with the throwback to a simpler age. But Boy HOWDY, it's cold.

And I'm reminded of a lovely thought......thirty four days until my vacation. Back in June of last year, my Father decreed that all vacations would happen in March, and all vacations would be spent on the Gulf Coast of Florida. So, the wife and I are going to spend a few days and nights in Sarasota.

And that can only mean one things.

Grapefruit League.

There's something about spring training baseball, I can't put my finger on it; but it's much like watching minor league.....there's a real love there that is not overwhelmed by the ticket prices, and the home field advantage....and the crushing pressure that causes your first place team to completely tank in the closing days of the season and I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.......

Lakeland is where the Tigers play, so I'm pretty sure that I won't be seeing any Tiger action. But, I'm pretty sure that the Pirates play in Sarasota or Bradenton, and I can do with some Pirate action.....I still have images of Clemente in my head.

Nothing tastes like a ballpark dog, with ketchup and relish. Damn the pizza and the nachos, give me peanuts in the shell and a dog......

Thirty four days to go.

No comments: