Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweet Airs That Bring Delight.

I am at an undisclosed location.

And I like it.

In the last few days, I've been a few places and I've seen a few things; places that are familiar and new simultaneously; people with familiar faces and old stories and love that never ends.  Genuine smiles.  Hearty embraces.

In a sense, a large part of my self image has had to be restructured.

People remember me.

And while I always thought my body of artistic work was memorable, I never thought that *I* was.

Bobby saw me from a distance; he hadn't laid eyes on me for several decades....and his smile was a mile long.  And his hug was as genuine.

One of the first things Christy L. said to me was, "I woulda recognized you in the dark."

And a couple of reasonably recognizable Hollywood types sent very nice Birthday greetings.

And of course, if you were watching my Facebook wall, you will have noticed that three delightful people showed their love by carrying me around with them like Flat Stanley in Chicago, New York, and OKC.  The very act was enough to reduce me to tears of laughter, and warm humility.

And the trip down memory lane continues.  Who KNOWS what tomorrow will bring?

And WHY can't I feel like that EVERY DAY?

Yup.

I need to reevaluate.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

This is probably a good time to tell you that I had a chance to Flat Stanley you with a hearse and decided against it.

Misti Ridiculous said...

I absolutely understand that...Why can't I feel this way everyday. Full. Surrounded by good and beautiful.

It's a goal of mine. Let's work on that together. Because it's stupid that we don't feel it.

it's always there.

and for the record...I would have probably done that hearse picture. Kizz has more thought and care for the dead.