Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Plea.

An old correspondent of mine, a playwright from the Great Northwest, reminded me recently (via email) about a line he had written in one of my favorite plays......

"We become what we hate."

When I was younger, back when I first met the venerated playwright from the Great Northwest, I smiled at the line as it was read out loud.  Nice touch; good line.  But youth doesn't recognize actual truth, sometimes. 

The truth of the line has hit home with me, lately, as I fight a daily battle against becoming what I hate.  And the thought keeps ringing through my head......

Darkness cannot be fought WITH darkness.

Only light can win that particular battle.

But the war between the darkness and the light will always end in a draw.

Because you cannot have a light without a dark in which to shine it.


MORE LIGHT!

2 comments:

Misti Ridiculous said...

MORE LIGHT indeed!!! For everyone. xoxo

Gertrude said...

The shadow is proof of the sunshine. Someone told me that once. it stuck.