Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dancing in the ghost light.

I have developed a love of the audition ever since the food on my table did not depend upon the success of the audition.

I'll admit, it's been a while since I stepped on a stage for a gen-u-wine cattle-call, but the last time I DID do one, it was a lot of fun.....I think I've already told the whole, 'f**k it' story, so if you're interested you can look it up.

I did an audition last night, on the spur of the moment and a little by invitation....and it was quite fun.  The students up at the college are doing a festival of short plays, and my invitation came by text as I was leaving work and preparing for what can only be described as the longest, most deserved nap in the history of unconsciousness.

But most of those same students I have worked with in the past, and I like them.  And it satisfies both my long lost loves.....the stage, and the classroom.

I have a call-back audition tonight, and so I'll have a little more fun and see what happens.  Another thing that comes with the passing of time, and the acting thing becoming less of a vocation and more of a hobby.....you don't measure your value by the success and failure of it.  And you CERTAINLY don't put yourself in head-to-head comparison with others.

But it reminded me of one of those meme things....which I will play out to the end with the use of visual aids.....



Who I think I look like.....



Who I actually look like.

1 comment:

Misti Ridiculous said...

I absolutely get what you're saying here...I discovered the other day that I do not consider myself an actor anymore. that was a weird feeling at first, but it's true. I don't act anymore. Rarely. And it's never for money.

So the level of self deprecation and defeat? gone baby gone!