Friday, November 25, 2011

The lull between leftovers and napping....

As I wrote on my Facebook page yesterday, it IS nice when family holidays only have intermittent David Lynch moments.  I will not go into detail (modesty and a court order prevents elaboration) but suffice it to say that there is nothing quite like a Thanksgiving.  I wouldn't trade it for ALL the ones I spent by myself.

Turkey and stuffing and all the other fixin's are infinitely better in the middle of a friendly crowd of people.

I made two cheesecakes for the occasion; a pumpkin cheesecake and a chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake.  Both received good reviews, and I was a little leery going in; I made my own crusts this year.  But I was particularly fond of the pumpkin; it had just the right spice.

The football games were all disappointing.  I had hoped the Lions would look better, and in fact, they did; through most of the game, they were leading in every stat but the score.  The first quarter looked very good, but Stafford (Bless his heart) couldn't find a receiver with both hands and a flashlight.  And don't get me started on SUH.

Memo to NFL football players:  if you team is firmly in the playoff hunt, then it would be wise to put your testosterone-fueled ego in your pocket, turn around and run to the sidelines, you f***ing moron.

Sorry; that last part was aimed at SUH.

I just finished my Christmas shopping.  The interhighway has Black Friday deals, too.

Love to all.....30 days until Christmas.

No comments: